Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Going, Going, Gone...A Dream Come True

If you want to put yourself in Nicki's shoes since she was a kid, what would you make out of life? It's safe to say for me, that what she went through with her father being a severe drug addict and trying to kill her mother, I wouldn't be the successful women she is today; I know the dark past was just more motivation to get her mother away, but myself, and maybe you, wouldn't be able to handle it.

I always knew that before Nicki Minaj was famous, her family and herself weren't financially supported and that her dad did some bad things; this was all explained in her song 'Autobiography', but I didn't realize how badly she was affected from her last. I'm utterly shocked to find out that Nicki's father attempted to burn down their home, while his wife was inside; it's interesting to think of the great, successful women Nicki became to be, especially with all she has been through.

Another thing I found very interesting about Nicki is that she was found of MySpace. Nicki, a great, huge, independent, successful rapper was found off of some dinky, social network! That just proves to me that no matter where you are or what you want to be in life, I'd you put your mins to it and stay strong...you can accomplish anything.

The most difficult or challenging thing that I encountered while creating this blog was the IPads. Most of the time, I have been posting this blog and updating on the IPad, but it was extremely difficult because it wasn't always reliable and didn't always work...in fact, most of the time, it wouldn't work or it would malfunction.

Another difficult thing I have experienced was the fact that with Nicki Minaj came a lot of blocked websites. I have been updating this at school and a lot of things or picutres I wanted to add we're blocked on the schools wifi. I think it's the fact that Nicki isn't the most humble person ever and some of her songs, most, aren't exactly school appropriate, but I pulled through and got what I needed!

The most rewarding thing about this blog was just getting it all completed. I have always wanted to make my own personal blog and this was something that gave me a fun opportunity; even though it was school related, I can definitely say I had a lot of fun with this project. I feel like I have learned a lot about this individual and I will continue to make different blogs!

It's rewarding to me that I have learned a lot more about Nicki and her past and see her, even more, as a strong individual who is the epitome of women empowerment and she wants every girl to feel like that.

To conclude this topic about Nicki Minaj, I want to leave you thinking this: If you were in her shoes as a kid , how would you turn out to be? She has thrived for fame and success and pursued it until her dream was a reality. She is an idol.

1 comment:

  1. In this post it really seemed that Niki's music and background really touched you. As I Read this I found out that there was a lot more to her than just her music. This post was a great way to wrap up your blogging about Her, and also gave good information.

    ReplyDelete